Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Cocoa Campaign
presents the Third Annual:
This Halloween, it is kids who will be giving treats to adults!
Media: Click here to cover Reverse Trick-or-Treating.
Click here for Reverse Trick-or-Treating in Canada!
Hundreds of groups of Trick-or-Treaters in the United States and Canada will unite to help:
- END poverty among cocoa farmers
- END forced/abusive child labor in the cocoa industry
- PROMOTE Fair Trade
- PROTECT the environment
A pleasant surprise will greet nearly a quarter million people distributing candy at their door, when youth reverse the Halloween tradition to hand adults a sample of vegan-friendly, Fair Trade dark chocolate.
The chocolate will be accompanied by a card informing recipients of poverty and child labor problems in the cocoa industry, affecting mainstream candy enjoyed at Halloween and around the year, and how Fair Trade certified chocolate provides a solution.
Parents of last year’s youngest participants raved about how Reverse Trick-or-Treating transformed Halloween into a meaningful event when youthful activists can give back to their neighbors and to cocoa growing communities.
The chocolate and cards are FREE!
Thanks to generous donations of Fair Trade chocolate companies listed below.
Recipients are charged shipping and packing supplies only, which is $5.50.
Request your kit TODAY; we always run out long before the deadline!
If you choose not to request a kit, you can still participate by distributing flyers on Halloween! Click here for more information.
Participating Fair Trade chocolate companies:
Participating lead nonprofit organizations:
Participating organizations include: Africa Faith and Justice Network, Americans for Informed Democracy, Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Chicago Area Interfaith Council Peace and Justice Center, Durham Fair Trade Coalition, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Fair Trade LA, Fair Trade Portsmouth Coalition, Fair Trade Resource Network, Human Rights Action Service, InterReligious Task Force on Central America, NY State Labor-Religion Coalition, Organic Consumer Association, Washington Fair Trade Coalition.
Reverse Trick-or-Treating is an initiative of Global Exchange’s Sweet Smarts network, with leadership from Equal Exchange and all of the organizations and companies listed above.
Willing to volunteer to be trailed by a print, radio, or television reporter while Reverse Trick-or-Treating? Send an email to the contact in the email you received or firstname.lastname@example.org, with RTT Media Volunteer in the subject line.
DEADLINE to request – October 5
Classrooms/schools, congregations, youth groups, local social justice organizations, and others organizing a large number of groups of Trick-or-Treaters to participate in Reverse Trick-or-Treating, click here to order through Equal Exchange.
DEADLINE to request – October 13
Order form starts here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you received the eblast on October 1 from Fair Trade Resource Network or TransFair, the photograph shown was the Fair Trade Action Kit from our Fair Trade store, priced at $17.50, NOT the free kit offered here!
Ordering a kit for an individual group of Reverse Trick-or-Treaters? Please note:
- We distribute one kit per GROUP of Reverse Trick-or-Treaters; participants give one card with chocolate to each household they visit. Each kit contains approximately 20-25 cards.
- If you are looking for Fair Trade certified chocolate to give away from your own doorstep as trick-or-treating chocolate, please visit www.globalexchangestore.org.
- A specific delivery date cannot be guaranteed, but kits will be mailed in mid-October and arrive in time for Halloween.
- Reverse Trick-or-Treating kits available for US and Canadian addresses only. If you reside in Canada, click here to order.
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com (email is the preferred method of contacting us, for the fastest response) or call 415.575.5557.
- The printed cards are not available in Spanish, but feel free to print out the Spanish translation to distribute with the cards. It is available here: RTT-Espanol.
- Only one kit request per shipping address permitted.
Individual kits are sold out!
Check our website for more information.