Demand Democracy in Chile - NO to HidroAysén!
Call a Chilean embassy or consulate to support the Chilean demand for democracy and truly sustainable development.
On May 9th, the Environmental Impact Assessment for the destructive HidroAysén project in Patagonia was approved, despite flaws and irregularities in the entire process.
Chileans have been out in the street in a massive show of support for a Patagonia Sin Represas. At least 74% of Chileans are against this project.
Please join this amazing movement by calling your local Chilean embassy or consulate now!
- Embassy of Chile in the US
1732 Massachusetts Ave. NW.
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 785-1746
- The world is very concerned about the excessive violence being used against protestors in Chile.
- Due to serious flaws and irregularities in the environmental review process, this project should never have been approved.
- Chileans want their government to invest in energy efficiency and non-conventional renewable energy such as solar, wind, and wave technologies that will provide Chile with affordable, sustainable and less destructive energy for development.
- 74% of Chileans don't want HidroAysén. President Piñera should respect the will of his people and the rules of democracy instead of catering to corporate interests who want to profit from the water rights given to them for free during the dictatorship of General Pinochet.
It's best to open all links in a new tab, so you can still see the Talking Points.
You can also download the Talking Points as a PDF.