This budget would quickly and safely bring our troops home, create jobs, close wasteful loopholes, unleash creativity, as well as invest in our people and infrastructure--all while reducing the deficit and debt over 10 years! The radical Ryan Plan threatens our precarious economic recovery by slashing essential programs, yet offers no deficit reduction. Administration proposals are a step in the right direction, but don't do enough.
Tell your Representative to vote for the "Budget for All"
The CPC "Budget for All" reflects our values
"Americans believe, and experts agree, that the solution to our debt and deficit woes should rely on three components: Job growth, increased revenues, and spending cuts. The Budget for All relies on all three. Government is not the panacea for the issues that we face, but it is not the singular cause of our nation's strife as some would suggest. Our budget is a plan for those that believe in a government that works for them and helps find solutions [and invests] in Job Creation Now and Lays the Foundation for the Future by focusing investments ... in targeted areas such as transportation infrastructure, domestic manufacturing, and small businesses innovation, while supporting tax credits for working families." (See: the "Budget for All").
Tell your elected officials the "Budget for All" would:
- End emergency war funding beginning in FY '14, reduce base discretionary defense spending.
- Bring our troops home and realign national security strategy, saving $1.1 trillion over 10 years.
- Invest $2.9 trillion in jobs, manufacturing, alternative energy, entrepreneurs and small business.
- Let Bush-era tax cuts expire for the highest incomes in '12, enact a high net-worth surcharge.
- Treat capital gains and qualified dividends as ordinary income.
- Limit regressive itemized deductions for high earners.
- End corporate welfare, establish accountability to discourage--not subsidize--harmful activity.
- Reduce deficits $6.8 trillion, cut spending $749 billion, reduce debt to 62.3% of GDP by '22.
- Much more! (See the "Budget for All" for more details and rationale.)
Tell your Representative and Senators to vote for and support the "Budget for All!"
Please join us! Tell your Representative and your Senators that we need strong leadership and smart solutions to get America moving again. We need the "Budget for All."
Use this link to tell your elected officials to vote for and actively support the "Budget for All." Then, please share this alert with all your friends and contacts.
For peace, justice, and prosperity for all,
Peace and Justice Resource Center, Culver City
US Labor Against the War (USLAW)
Rusti Eisenberg and Gael Murphy
United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ)
New Priorities Project
Tim Carpenter and Andrea Miller
Progressive Democrats of America (PDA)
Reverend Jesse Jackson
Rainbow PUSH Coalition
National Co-Chair Healthcare NOT Warfare Campaign