House Vote FRIDAY Could End the War in Libya!
The Administration's decision to go to war in Libya without Congressional authorization, and to keep U.S. forces engaged in combat there past the 60 day limit of the War Powers Resolution, represents a dangerous erosion of Congressional authority over sending U.S. troops to war.
Call and/or write your Representative to urge him or her to vote yes on H. Con. Res. 51, which would direct the President to remove US armed forces from the Libya conflict, pursuant to the War Powers Resolution.
[Update 6/01/11 6pm ET: Voting for H. Con. Res. 51 is now scheduled for Friday, June 3.
[Update 6/01/11 10am ET: Voting for H. Con. Res. 51 has been postponed. We'll post more information as we receive it.]
1. Call your Representative
Calling your Representative has more impact than emailing, so if you can call, please do. Here are instructions for calling your Rep.'s office:
2. Ask to be transferred to your Rep's office.
3. Ask to speak to the staff person who handles foreign or military affairs. If you can't speak with this person, just leave a message with the individual who answered the phone.
4. Say, "I urge Rep. __ to vote yes on H. Con. Res. 51, which would direct the President to remove U.S. military forces from the Libya conflict, pursuant to the War Powers Resolution."
5. When you're done, please take a moment and report your call.
2. Write to your Representative
If you can't call, or as a follow-up to your call, please write to your Representative to urge him or her to vote yes on H. Con. Res. 51 by using the form below.