Free Training on San Diego City Lobbying Laws
Did you know there are…
New Lobbying Rules for the City of San Diego
This could impact you if:
- * You are the employee of a San Diego non-profit or group that sometimes takes stances on local policies.
- * You make at least 10 lobbying contacts with city officials in a 60-day period. City officials can be members of the City Council, City boards, commissions, high-level City employees. Contacts can be in person or via phone, email, fax, mass emails, etc…
Come learn what you need to know to advocate effectively for your community! The Center on Policy Initiatives and San Diego Ethics Commission staff will be there to train and assist you.
FREE Training on the City’s Lobbying Laws
Wednesday, March 3, 12-1:30pm
SD Electrical Training Center | 4675 Viewridge Ave.
(from the 15 freeway exit Balboa Ave. heading west, R. on Viewridge)
What you’ll get from the training:
- * Presentation by San Diego Ethics Commission on existing City lobby rules, including new rules for 2010
- * Q&A session with CPI and San Diego Ethics Commission staff
- * Take-home packet that includes lobby guidelines and sample forms your staff can use to track your lobbying contacts
- * Bag lunch with $5 and your RSVP
Please RSVP below or contact Stephanie Monroe at the Center on Policy Initiatives (CPI) for more information: (619) 584-5744 x27 firstname.lastname@example.org