Los Angeles: Close Guantanamo Now!
Mark the 11th anniversary of the opening of Guantanamo prison and the human rights violations it represents, including torture, detention without charge, unfair trials, Islamophobia, and impunity for crimes by US government officials.
- Close Guantanamo and end abuses at Bagram
- End indefinite solitary confinement in US prisons
- Release detainees or charge and fairly try them in federal court
- Repeal the detention provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act
- Hold government officials accountable for torture & other serious abuses
- End the Islamophobia that fuels Guantanamo & US detention policies
10am Silent Vigil and Tableau
10:45am Rally/Press Conference
Sponsored by Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace
Event LocationDowntown LA Federal Building
(Temple and Los Angeles Streets)
Los Angeles, CA 90012